This year you will have at least three important choices to make:
▪ The County Councillor who will represent you for the next four years.
▪ Plus, one of your local Hart District Councillors, whose election was postponed.
▪ And a new Police & Crime Commissioner for Hampshire.
The NHS are doing a fantastic job of vaccinang people, supported by countless heroic volunteers, but getting this done
will take me. Thank goodness this is being organised by our wonderful NHS staff!
As we work out how to get back to some sort of normality, one decision you can make now is how to cast your vote
safely at the major set of elections coming up in a few weeks' me.
Although measures will be in place to reduce the risk of infection at the polling station, you can avoid the need to go
there altogether by choosing the even safer opon of voting by post. All you need to do is fill in the enclosed form, and
return it to The Returning Officer, Hart District Council, Harlington Way, Fleet, GU51 4AE, using a stamp. If you tick "until further notice" in secon 2 you won't need to renew it for future elections.
▪ Since Lib Dems took the lead on Hart Council, and got a Local Plan in place, the constant stream of unplanned major new developments starting up has been completely halted, and local Hart-run services have been protected and improved.
▪ In contrast, Conservative-run Hampshire is gradually demolishing our services, with libraries closing, buses cut, pavements in a dreadful state, care services struggling, and another £80 million of unspeciﬁed cuts planned over the next two years.
▪ We also need a Police & Crime Commissioner who will get police back onto our streets to reduce crime and